Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Quick trip to DC

This past weekend I traveled to Washington DC for an interview, and I made the most of it and spent a few days there.
 What my hotel room lacked in style...

 It made up for in soap (5 bars) and plastic cups (9 of them!) Why? I don't know

 The US Capitol, which I got to tour

 And the White House (not the same building, by the way, and a lot smaller)

The best part of the trip, was of course, getting to see my good friend Ayago (and Matt, no picture). He and I went to graduate school together at Kansas State University, now he works for the World Bank - he a smart and very cool guy
 
 And a sea cow - in the Smithsonian, how cool is that? it is so massive...I wish I raised sea cows and not just cows...but Kansas is quite far from the sea and this sea cow may be extinct so never mind

So glad to have the chance to see our nations capitol for the first time. It is a very beautiful city, with lots of sights to see and so full of history - I could have spent a lot more time looking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment